Renew your wooden floors in Hainault
Many a wooden floor was no doubt created from the abundant timber in Epping Forest. Their successors continue to provide the most attractive and practical of floor surfaces.
Such a worthy feature demands respect and attention when wear and damage have taken their toll…
Modern floor sanding has the answers. When chosen from the right company:
Specialist wood floor repair and restoration from The Hainault Floor Sanding Experts!
Experience the art of floor sanding in Hainault
For your floors:
- In the home or a commercial location
- Of any age and level of condition
- Whether solid or engineered boards; herringbone or parquet blocks
- Draw on the expertise of a family-run company
- who have restored hundreds of floors for more than twenty years.
And see what you receive:
- loose boards or blocks realigned and secured.
- damaged timber replaced with new or reclaimed material.
- gaps filled if you prefer a more even look.
- old paint or sealant sanded away
with our top quality cylinder machines.
- a fresh protective layer applied of natural oil: hardwax oil or lacquer.
- All modern sealants are safe for use in the home, food areas and around children and pets
Time for a new look?
- Staining can enhance the natural grain of the wood; while a white or pale wash gives the bright modern look in bedrooms, kitchens or play areas.
Dust and disruption?
- Rest assured, floor sanding is no longer the messy job of old.
- We keep any potential inconvenience to your domestic or commercial schedule to a minimum.
- Allow us to clear large items of furniture
- and dispose of old carpets and floor coverings.
- Sanding is 99% dust free. Dust collection bags are placed outside each room of your property.
- Any closure will be brief through our flexible working, at weekends or even overnight.
Only the highest quality
- All our work is completed to the highest level of workmanship – using only premium quality floor restoration products.
- We offer full advice as to the maintenance your floor requires – depending on the type of floor and the sealants you have chosen.
Call us with confidence:
Ask us for your FREE assessment today!
Why We’re the Ideal Choice for Your Needs!
Daniel Defoe in his fictional ‘Journal of the Plague Year’ gives a gripping account of how Londoners fled the city and took refuge in the Forest.
In the Hainault area, these people were in a desperate situation: surviving through thieving, poaching and even stealing cattle. With no organiser to plead their case to the local villagers, who may otherwise have helped, all were in fear of those dwellers in roadside hovels who begged off passing travellers…
Feedback from Our Valued Customers
Trusted By These Well-Known Brands And Hundreds More
Our Before & After Work
We Are Certified & Insured
Reclaimed wood flooring – what you need to know
Reclaimed wood is hugely popular at the moment – and with good reason. Reclaimed lumbar is the wooden floor’s green alternative, as you are giving this old wood new life. In the past, reclaimed wood was used to make new furniture, but today it is being used to create beautiful new floors.
The rustic look
Selecting and using reclaimed wood
Before you even begin to fit the flooring, you must check that it’s thoroughly dry before you use it as flooring, and it is a good idea to choose boards with the least number of natural cracks and splits.
It is also important to note that reclaimed wood floors will require sanding and varnishing (or oiling) before they can be used. Sanding wood floors, such as reclaimed oak, requires a specialist floor sanding machine and in most cases, floor sanding services that deal with reclaimed wood.
Wood floor sanding is a skill, and it is best to use a professional floor sanding company like us at Floor Refinishing Experts, especially if you are sanding a large and well-used room. We can also provide a wooden floor sanding and polishing service, providing the perfect finish to your reclaimed wooden floor. Get in touch with us today!
What type should you choose?
The great news is that there are many different types of reclaimed wood to choose from. What you choose very much depends upon the size and function of the room. Reclaimed oak is strong and durable wood flooring. It is very well suited to high traffic areas such as the hallway or living room. Reclaimed maple and mahogany are also good choices when you require a tough and resilient floor. Mahogany is a bit more tricky to cut and shape, so is best suited to smaller rooms.